Rookie wide receiver Toney Clemens, rookie defensive tackle
Owens gets starting nod
Owens entered the game with only 21 career rushes for 112 yards and two touchdowns. His rushing touchdown today was his first since Dec. 18, 2008 against Indianapolis.
Pounding the Rock
The Jaguars rushed for 123 yards on 24 attempts, the first time since week three at Indianapolis (185 yards) the club eclipsed 100 yards on the ground. Five different players had rushes for the Jaguars led by a game-high 91 yards by Montell Owens on 14 carries.
Blackmon leads team with six catches for 57 yards
Trifecta for Babin
First career forced fumble for Cox
Seven different players touched the ball for the Jaguars on the club’s opening drive. The Jaguars moved the ball to the Jets 11-yard line before
- Jaguars safety
Dawan Landryand his brother, Jets safety, LaRon Landry, played against each other in a regular season game for the first time.
- The Jaguars outgained an opponent for the second time this season, finishing with a 291 to 270 advantage. The Jaguars outgained Green Bay on Oct. 28, 341 to 238.
- The Jaguars converted all three fourth down attempts.
- Chad Henne was intercepted on the Jaguars opening drive after moving the ball to the Jets 11-yard line. It marked the club’s first trip to the red zone without a score in 2012, snapping a streak of 25 straight trips with a score.
Uche Nwaneristarted his 58th consecutive game, tied for the eighth-longest streak in team history.
- The Jaguars turned the ball over twice, both interceptions, and recovered two fumbles by the Jets. The Jaguars have been even or won the turnover differential in nine of 13 games including four straight.
- Jason Babin recorded the club’s only sack. Thirteen of the club’s 14 sacks have come from defensive linemen.
- The Jets finished with 166 yards on 42 carries with two touchdowns. Opponents have averaged 157.3-yards per game on the ground against the Jaguars over the last six games.
Josh Scobeehit on one of two field goal attempts. He scored the first points of the game with a 31-yard field goal in the second quarter and was wide left on a 55-yard attempt at the end of the first half.
- Tight end
Marcedes Lewisreached 400 receiving yards for the fifth consecutive season. Lewis has 38 receptions for 402 yards through 13 games.
- The Jaguars finished with three plays of 20-plus yards (2 passes, 1 rush). The Jets had only one play of 20 yards, a 37-yard completion from Mark Sanchez to Jeff Cumberland in the fourth quarter.
- Rookie wide receiver
Kevin Elliottposted a career-high three receptions for 38 yards.
- Offensive tackle Guy Whimper had his third career reception, a 10-yard catch from Chad Henne in the first quarter.
Brad Meesterstarted his 190th career game including his 71st consecutive game which is the third-longest streak in team history. Meester owns the franchise record with 92 consecutive starts from 9/3/00 through 12/4/05.