- Improved to 2-9 overall, 1-5 at home, 2-5 against AFC opponents and 2-3 in the AFC South.
- Head coach Mike Mularkey improved to 16-27 overall.
- Improved to 16-19 all-time against the Titans with wins in three of the last four games.
- Snapped a seven-game losing streak and claimed first win since Sept. 23 at Indianapolis.
Jaguars compile ‘big plays’
The Jaguars produced a season-high eight plays of 20-plus yards against the Titans with all eight coming via the pass. Cecil Shorts’ 59-yard touchdown reception was the club’s seventh play of 50-plus yards through 11 games, the third-most in team history for a season (11, 1998; 10, 2007). The Jaguars eclipsed 300 yards of offense for the third straight game and sixth time in 11 games.
Three straight games with 100-yard receiver
The Jaguars had a receiver eclipse 100 receiving yards for the third straight game, the longest streak since 2004. Cecil Shorts produced a game-high 105 yards on four receptions. Shorts had 105 yards on Nov. 8 against Indianapolis and rookie
Henne earns first win in first start as a Jaguar
Two touchdowns and 261 yards for Henne
Chad Henne completed 17 of 26 passes for 261 yards with two touchdowns and one interception for a 108.0 rating. Henne hooked up with Cecil Shorts for a 59-yard scoring play and found Justin Blackmon for a seven-yard touchdown pass.
Henne has registered back-to-back games with multiple touchdown passes for only the second time in his career. He has nine career multi-touchdown games. The 108.0 rating was his fourth career game with a 100-plus rating and first as a starter since Nov. 28, 2010 at Oakland (100.3).
Henne heats up after interception
Chad Henne’s first pass of the day was tipped by Sen’Derrick Marks and intercepted by Alterraun Verner. Following the turnover, Henne hit on his next six passes for 98 yards including four completions of 20-plus yards. Henne hooked up with
Blackmon sets rookie record
2012 first-round pick Justin Blackmon had five receptions for 62 yards including a seven-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter, his third touchdown of the season. Blackmon set the franchise record for receiving yards by a rookie in a season with 548 on a team-high 38 receptions through 11 games. He surpassed Pete Mitchell who had 527 yards in 1995.
Blackmon’s 38 receptions are the fifth-most by a rookie, 10 shy of Mike Thomas’ franchise record 48 in 2009. His three receiving touchdowns are tied with Fred Taylor (1998) for the second-most by a rookie.
Lewis surpasses 3,000 career receiving yards
Tight end Marcedes Lewis had four receptions for 56 yards including catches of 21 and 23 yards. The 2006 first round pick surpassed 3,000 career receiving yards with 3,014, joining Jimmy Smith (12,287) and Keenan McCardell (6,393) as the only players in franchise history to accomplish the feat.
Jennings gets bulk of carries; second rushing TD of season
Record-setting day for Shorts
Second-year wide receiver Cecil Shorts set a franchise record with his fourth reception of 50-plus yards through 11 games as he hooked up with Chad Henne for a 59-yard touchdown in the third quarter. Shorts surpassed Keenan McCardell (3, 1998) and Jimmy Smith (3, 1999) for the mark. Shorts has a reception of 50-plus yards in three consecutive games.
Shorts finished with a team-high three receptions of 20-plus yards today, increasing his season total to 14 through 11 games. The 14 receptions of 20-plus yards are the most by a Jaguar since Jimmy Smith had 15 in 2005. He has a reception of at least 25 yards in nine of 11 games.
Second-year pro Cecil Shorts continues to lead the Jaguars air game, finishing with four receptions for 105 yards including a 59-yard touchdown reception from Chad Henne in the third quarter. It marked his third 100-yard receiving game, joining Jimmy Smith (2005) and Mike Sims-Walker (2009) as the only Jaguars since 2005 to eclipse 100 receiving yards in three games in a season. Shorts leads the Jaguars with 747 yards and six touchdowns on 36 receptions.
Team-high six touchdowns for Shorts
Cecil Shorts took a pass from Chad Henne and raced 59 yards in the third quarter for his sixth touchdown of the season. Five of his touchdown receptions are from 20-plus yards, tied for the most since 2007 (Reggie Williams). The six touchdowns are the most by a Jaguars receiver since 2010 (7, Mike Sims-Walker).
Success in the division
Cecil Shorts scored his sixth touchdown of the season on Sunday and his fourth in five division games. Shorts has 14 catches for 371 yards (26.5 avg.) in five division games this season.
Shipley makes Jaguar debut
Third-year wide receiver
Ground game goes over 100 yards
The Jaguars totaled 100 yards on the ground for the first time since week three at Indianapolis, a streak of seven straight games. The Jaguars gained 100 yards on 27 carries.
Rookie gets first career sack and interception
Two interception day for the Jaguars
The Jaguars intercepted Titans quarterback Jake Locker on back-to-back possessions in the fourth quarter to seal the victory, the second consecutive game the club recorded two interceptions. With the Titans trailing 21-19 in the fourth quarter and the ball at their own 37, safety
Josh Scobeewas good from 41 yards on his only field goal attempt. He has hit 19 of 20 field goals (95.0 pct.) through 11 games. Rookie punter Bryan Angerfinished with a 47.0-yard average and 47.0-yard net.
- The Jaguars led at halftime for the third time this season (at Minnesota, at Oakland). The Jaguars led after three quarters for the third time this season (at Oakland, at Houston) including the second consecutive week.
- The Jaguars streak of consecutive games with at least 32 passing attempts was snapped at seven games after Chad Henne finished 17 of 26 passing today.
- Running back
Montell Owensbecame the 21st player in team history to play in 100 career games.
- The Jaguars gave up a season-high seven sacks, tied for the third-most in team history.
- The Jaguars scored 20-plus points in back-to-back games for the first time since 2010. Today marked the first home game the Jaguars have eclipsed 20 points.
- First-year fullback Will Ta’ufo’ou had his first career reception in the first quarter.
- Rookie wide receiver Justin Blackmon had his first career rush, a 12-yard reverse in the second quarter.
Brad Meestermoved into third place in franchise history with his 69th consecutive start. Meester owns the franchise record with 92 consecutive starts from Sept. 3, 2000 through Dec. 4, 2005.
- The Jaguars were plus-one in the turnover differential, marking the seventh time in 11 games the club has been even or won the turnover differential.
- The Jaguars scored on three of their six possessions in the second half.
- The Jaguars led for 17:27 and trailed for 11:51.