Gabbert finished with three completions of 20-plus yards including a long of 25 yards to Cecil Shorts in the second quarter. He tied his career-best with nine completions of 25-plus yards through eight games (9, 2011). He has at least one completion of 25-plus yards in seven of eight games.
Lewis surpasses Brady for most career receptions by a tight end
Scobee moves up the charts
Shorts has two receptions of 20-plus yards
Cecil Shorts entered the game with a team-high seven catches for 20-plus yards and added to the total with two more. Shorts had a reception of 25 yards in the second quarter and one for 20 yards in the fourth quarter. Of his 23 receptions through eight games, nine are for 20-plus yards including three for touchdowns. He has 15 catches for 251 yards (16.7 avg.) in the last three games. He leads the team with 456 receiving yards through eight games, five yards shy of the club’s 2011 leader in receiving yards (Marcedes Lewis, 460).
First receiving touchdown since 2010 for Spurlock
Blackmon pulls in five receptions and first career touchdown
Robinson returns to action
Bryan Angerhad a 73-yard punt downed at the Lions eight-yard line in the first quarter, the fourth-longest punt in franchise history. Bryan Barker had an 83-yard punt on Oct. 11, 1999 at the New York Jets.
- Third-year defensive
George Selviepicked up his first sack of the season and third of his career as he stopped Matthew Stafford for a one-yard loss in the first quarter. It was only the club’s second sack in a home game this season and all eight of the club’s sacks have come from defensive linemen. Jalen Parmelehad a career-high five rushes for 15 yards.
- All four of the Lions’ touchdowns came via the rush, tied for the most rushing touchdown by a Jaguars opponent in franchise history (4, Nov. 12, 1995 vs. Seattle). Mikel Leshoure’s became the third opposing player to rush for three touchdowns against the Jaguars and first since 2006.
- The Jaguars scored 14 points in the fourth quarter, the most points in any quarter for the club through eight games.
- The Jaguars scored a touchdown in the second half for the first time since week three at Indianapolis. Blaine Gabbert had touchdown passes to Micheal Spurlock and Justin Blackmon in the second half.
- The Jaguars did not have a play of 30-plus yards for the first time since week four against Cincinnati. The Lions had three completions of 20-plus yards with a long of 38 yards from Matthew Stafford to Calvin Johnson in the second quarter.
- Kicker Josh Scobee had his streak snapped at 10 consecutive games with a field goal, tied for the third-longest streak in team history.
Brad Meesterstarted his 66th consecutive games, the fifth-longest streak in team history.
- The Jaguars allowed only one sack, tied for the fewest this season (9/23 at Indianapolis).
- The Jaguars had two trips to the red zone and both resulted in touchdowns on their final two drives. The Jaguars have 15 trips to the red zone through eight games and all 15 resulted in a score (7 touchdowns, 8 field goals).
- The Jaguars finished with 64 rushing yards, the fifth consecutive game the club failed to eclipse 100 rushing yards.
- Seven players have a touchdown for the Jaguars through eight games (
Maurice Jones-Drew, Rashad Jennings, Marcedes Lewis, Cecil Shorts, Guy Whimper, Micheal Spurlock, Justin Blackmon).