Welcome back Justin!
Second-year wide receiver
Blackmon took his first reception from
TD streak for Blackmon
Justin Blackmon scored his first touchdown of the season today, the sixth of his career, with a 67-yard scoring catch on his first touch of the game. He has a score in three consecutive games dating back to the 2012 season. He concluded his rookie season with touchdowns against New England at Tennessee.
Sen’Derrick Marks records first sack of the season
Defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks had a sack/forced fumble of Rams quarterback Sam Bradford in the first quarter. One play later, Marks tipped a Bradford pass to force a punt. Marks has four career sacks and four forced fumbles.
Career-high 12 tackles for Cyprien
2013 second-round pick
Scobee extends streak for made field goals
Scobee moves into third place in most games played
Kicker Josh Scobee played in his 141st career game today, the third-most in Jaguars history. Only
Jones-Drew reaches milestone
Jones-Drew had a season-high 70 yards on 17 carries (4.1) including a season-long run of 20 yards in the first quarter. He had two receptions of 16 yards. He has 203 yards in two career games against the Rams.
Another productive day for Shorts
Second blocked punt for the Jaguars
Gabbert returns home to Missouri
Quarterback Blaine Gabbert, a native of Ballwin, Missouri, completed 9 of 19 passes for 181 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions. He had four completions of 20-plus yards including a 67-yard touchdown pass to Justin Blackmon in the first quarter.
Gabbert left the game in the third quarter with a hamstring injury and did not return.
Henne sees action in relief
Chad Henne entered the game in the third quarter for injured Blaine Gabbert and finished 7 of 13 passing for 89 yards with one touchdown for a 101.1 passer rating. Henne had a four-yard touchdown pass to Cecil Shorts in the fourth quarter.
Season-high numbers for offense
The Jaguars outgained the Rams 363 to 351 yards, the most total yards for the club through five games. The Jaguars scored a season-high 20 points and rushed for a season-high 96 yards.
- The Jaguars lost their first five games for the first time in franchise history.
- Second-year defensive end
Andre Branchnotched the second sack of his career and first of the season in the third quarter.
Paul Poslusznyhad seven tackles and tied with cornerback Will Blackmonwith a game-high three passes defensed.
- Linebacker J.T. Thomas had a team-high two special teams tackles.
Luke Joeckelmade his first career start at left tackle. He left the game in the first quarter with an ankle injury and did not return.
- The Jaguars registered two sacks and increased their season total to 10, the most in the first five games since 2010.
- First-year pro
Austin Pasztormade his fourth career start and first at right tackle.
- The Rams went three-and-out on their first offensive possession. The Jaguars have held opponents to four plays or less on their first possession in four of five games.
- The Jaguars scored first for the third time in five games (Kansas City, Indianapolis) and scored their first touchdown in the first half.
- The Jaguars threw two interceptions today and have at least two interceptions in three straight games for only the second time in team history (first three games of 1996 season).
- Running back
Justin Forsettplayed in his 80th consecutive game, the most among active NFL running backs. Bryan Angerhad five punts for a 48.2-yard average and 45.2-yard net.
- First-year pro
Jordan Todmanhad a season-long 37-yard kickoff return.