WITH THE WIN, THE JAGUARS...
- Improved to 4-9 in 2013 and won three straight games for the first time since 2010.
- Improved to 11-13 all-time against Houston. Swept the season series for the third time (2005, 2009).
- Improved to 4-1 following the bye week.
- Claimed their first home win since Nov. 25, 2012 against Tennessee.
- Won three of their first four division games for the first time since 2010.
- Improved to 15-18 in nationally televised prime time games and won for the first time since Oct. 24, 2011 (Sunday night vs. Baltimore). Won on Thursday night for only the second time in franchise history (Dec. 2, 1999 vs. Pittsburgh).
HOT START FOR JAGUARS
The Jaguars won the coin toss, elected to receive and proceeded to drive 80 yards on 13 plays and capped the drive off with a one-yard touchdown pass from
The Jaguars scored on their opening drive for the fourth time in the last five games. The Jaguars have scored first in seven of 13 games in 2013 including four of the last five games.
ACE SANDERS THROWS 21-YARD TD PASS TO JORDAN TODMAN
The Jaguars went the first 299 games in franchise history without a non-quarterback throwing a touchdown and have accomplished the feat twice in as many weeks. For the second consecutive game and second time in team history, the Jaguars had a non-quarterback throw a touchdown pass as wide receiver
POUNDING THE ROCK
The Jaguars rushed for a season-high 149 yards on 28 carries including six carries of nine-plus yards. After failing to rush for 100 yards in the first 10 games, the Jaguars have eclipsed 112 rushing yards in the last three games.
DEFENSE DOES THEIR PART
The Jaguars recorded three sacks and two interceptions in the win. The Jaguars have 10 takeaways in the last five games (6 interceptions, 4 fumbles) and forced two safeties. It marked the second straight game the club registered two interceptions. The Jaguars held the Texans to only 83 yards on the ground, the fifth straight game an opponent has been held under 97 rushing yards.
HENNE DIRECTS OFFENSE
Quarterback Chad Henne threw for 117 yards and two touchdowns in the win. Henne has 11 career games with two or more touchdowns including two straight. He improved to 18-29 as a starter and 5-11 with the Jaguars. In five career games against Houston, Henne has eight touchdown passes and two interceptions along with 11 completions of 25-plus yards.
Henne finished with 33 yards on four carries, the second-most rushing yards of his career (59, Sept. 12, 2011 vs. New England).
JAGUARS WIN TURNOVER BATTLE
The Jaguars finished with a plus-two turnover differential thanks to interceptions by
The Jaguars did not have a giveaway for the third game this season (Oakland, Houston) including two of the last three games.
BRANCH CONTINUES TO SHINE
Second-year defensive end
RYAN DAVIS MAKES HIS MARK AGAINST HOUSTON
First-year defensive end
JONES-DREW MOVES INTO 2ND PLACE FOR MOST ALL-PURPOSE YARDS
Running back Maurice Jones-Drew (12,972) finished with 123 yards from scrimmage and surpassed Jimmy Smith (12,875) for the second-most all-purpose yards in franchise history. Fred Taylor owns the franchise record with 13,632 from 1998-2008.
FIRST 100-YARD GAME FOR JONES-DREW IN 2013
Maurice Jones-Drew finished with 103 yards on 14 carries before leaving the game early in the fourth quarter. It marked Jones-Drew’s first 100-yard rushing game since Sept. 23, 2012 at Indianapolis (177 yards). He has 27 career 100-yard games, the second-most in team history. Fred Taylor is the leader with 48 career 100-yard games.
The Jaguars improved to 19-8 when Jones-Drew rushes for 100 yards. He has four career 100-yard rushing games against Houston in 13 career games.
BABIN SURPASSES 60 CAREER SACKS
BACK-TO-BACK GAMES WITH A TOUCHDOWN FOR SHORTS
Cecil Shorts scored on a six-yard pass from Chad Henne in the second quarter, his second consecutive game with a touchdown. Shorts has 11 career touchdowns, tied for the ninth-most in franchise history.
FIRST CAREER START FOR GUY
- Tight end Marcedes Lewis had a season-long 41-yard reception at the end of the first quarter, the fourth-longest catch of his career.
- The Jaguars scored the game’s first 14 points, their largest lead of the season, and never trailed in the game.
Russell Allenplayed in his 77th consecutive game, the ninth-longest streak in team history.
Josh Scobeeimproved to 19 of 21 on field goals through 13 games after hitting from 40 and 39 yards. He leads the team with 75 points.
- The Jaguars scored in every quarter for the second time this season (at Tennessee).
- Ace Sanders had a career-long 17-yard punt return in the first quarter.
Paul Poslusznyled the team with 13 tackles along with one tackle for loss and one quarterback hit.
- Rookie safety
Johnathan Cyprienregistered 10 tackles.
- The Jaguars had touchdown scoring drives of 80, 86 and 88 yards.