• Sun., Feb. 01, 2015 6:30 PM EST NFL Super Bowl More Details Coming Soon!

Mularkey dismissed as Jaguars head coach

Posted Jan 10, 2013

In a meeting this morning, Jacksonville Jaguars General Manager David Caldwell dismissed Mike Mularkey as head coach of the Jaguars. Mularkey joined the franchise a year ago.

“I informed Mike today that he will not return as head coach of the Jaguars,” Caldwell said. “I know Mike well and do not want anyone to misinterpret the rationale behind my decision.  Mike is an excellent coach and I am sure he will succeed in his next stop in the NFL.  However, I must do what I believe is best for the Jacksonville Jaguars and immediately explore every avenue possible to turn our football team around.  For that to happen as seamlessly as we want, and as quickly as our fans deserve, I feel it is in everyone’s best interests for an immediate and clean restart.”

“Mike Mularkey is leaving our organization with my utmost respect,” said Shad Khan, owner of the Jaguars.  “Mike gave the Jaguars everything he had on and off the field, and his efforts as our head coach will always be appreciated.  Mike will land on his feet soon.  Until then, I wish nothing but the best for Mike and his family.”

Khan, Caldwell and Jaguars President Mark Lamping will be available at a news conference at 4 pm today in the lower west Touchdown Club at EverBank Field.

Comments