Career-high in receptions for Laurent Robinson
Laurent Robinson recorded a career-high nine receptions for 77 yards. Robinson was targeted a game-high 15 times and eight of his nine receptions came in the first half. He signed with the Jaguars as an unrestricted free agent in 2012. He ranks fourth on the team with 24 receptions for 252 yards through nine games.
Second career 100-yard receiving game for Shorts
Second-year wide receiver Cecil Shorts eclipsed 100 receiving yards for the second time in the last three games and became first Jaguars receiver since Mike Sims-Walker in 2010 to have at least two 100-yard receiving games in a season. Shorts had 105 yards on six receptions (17.5) including a 52-yard catch from Blaine Gabbert in the third quarter. Shorts has a team-high 10 receptions of 20-plus yards through nine games including two of 50-plus yards. He scored his team-leading fourth touchdown of the season in the fourth quarter on a four-yard pass from Chad Henne.
Shorts leads the team with 29 catches for 561 yards (19.3 avg.) and four touchdowns after nine games. His 561 receiving yards are 101 yards more than the club's 2011 leader in receiving yards (Marcedes Lewis, 460). He has eclipsed 70 receiving yards in five of nine games.
Second sack of the season for Tyson Alualu
Defensive tackle Tyson Alualu recorded his second sack of the season in the first quarter, taking down quarterback Andrew Luck for a six-yard loss. The sack came on third down and forced the Colts to settle for a field goal. Alualu has eight career sacks.
Scobee's streak snapped at 20 straight field goals
Josh Scobee missed his first field goal of the 2012 season, misfiring from 44 yards in the first quarter. Scobee's streak of consecutive field goals made was snapped at 20 including 14 straight to open the season. The 20 consecutive made field goals tied a franchise record. He was good from 40 yards in the second quarter. He moved into fifth place in franchise history with 129 games played.
Gabbert throws for 209 yards
Blaine Gabbert was 18 of 31 passing for 209 yards with one interception for a 65.1 passer rating. He has at least 200-plus passing yards in three straight games for the first time in his career.
Gabbert had a 52-yard completion to Cecil Shorts in the fourth quarter. He has 10 completions of 25-plus yards in 2012, surpassing his total of nine as a rookie. He was intercepted by Darius Butler in the third quarter and it was returned for a touchdown. All six of Gabbert's interceptions this season have come in the second half (4 in third quarter, 2 in fourth quarter).
Lane records sack/fumble
Defensive end Austen Lane sacked quarterback Andrew Luck at the beginning of the fourth quarter and forced a fumble that was recovered by Jeremy Mincey. It marked Lane's second sack of the season, third of his career, and first career forced fumble.
- The Jaguars fell to 1-8 overall, 14-18 in nationally televised games, 1-5 in Thursday night games, 1-2 in the AFC South and 8-16 overall against the Colts.
- Wide receiver Micheal Spurlock produced a career-high six receptions for 61 yards (10.2).
- Seventh-year safety Dawan Landry intercepted quarterback Andrew Luck in the second quarter, his 12th career interception and third with the Jaguars.
- The Jaguars registered two sacks and eight of their 10 sacks have come in the last five games. All 10 of the club's sacks have come from defensive linemen.
- The Jaguars had 47 passing attempts, extending their streak with at least 32 passing attempts to six games. The last time the Jaguars went six straight games with at least 32 attempts was the first six games of the 2000 season.
- The Jaguars have not scored a touchdown in the third quarter since week three at Indianapolis.
- The 52-yard completion from Blaine Gabbert to Cecil Shorts was the club's ninth play of 30-plus yards through nine games. In 2011 the club finished with 10 plays of 30-plus yards. The Jaguars have equaled their total of 50-plus yard plays from 2011 with three.
- The Jaguars scored on both trips to the red zone with a field goal and a touchdown. The Jaguars have had 17 trips to the red zone and all 17 have resulted in a score (8 touchdowns, 9 field goals).
- The Jaguars' 20 first downs (2 rushing, 14 passing, 4 via penalty) were the second-most of the season (22, at Minnesota).
- The Jaguars allowed four sacks, the second-most of the season (6, vs. Cincinnati).
- The Jaguars had a season-high 10 penalties for 115 yards.