MAURICE JONES-DREW FINDS WAY TO THE END ZONE
- His 11 touchdowns in 2008 rank as the second-highest total of his career (16, 2006). * Registered 37 career touchdowns, all in the last 39 games. He ranks third in team history with 33 career rushing touchdowns. * He has nine rushing touchdowns in the last seven games. * Has a touchdown in seven of the first 10 games. * He has scored five rushing touchdowns in the second quarter of the last two games. He had three rushing scores in the second quarter last week at Detroit.
FRED TAYLOR MOVES INTO 27TH PLACE IN NFL HISTORY FOR YARDS FROM SCRIMMAGE
##### REGGIE NELSON RECORDS FIRST INTERCEPTION OF THE SEASON
Safety Reggie Nelson recorded his first interception of the season on the opening possession. Nelson set a team rookie record with five interceptions in 2007.
JAGUARS RECORD FRANCHISE-RECORD 10 PUNTS
The following players were inactive for the Jaguars: CB William James, RB Chauncey Washington, WR Troy Williamson, C/G Drew Miller, G Milford Brown, WR Matt Jones, LB Thomas Williams, DT John Henderson.
- Second-year defensive tackle Derek Landri recorded a sack in his second consecutive game.
- Brian Witherspoon had a season-long 31-yard punt return in the second quarter.
- The Jaguars held the Titans to only three points in the first half, the lowest total by an opponent through 10 games.
- The Titans were held to 1 of 12 on third down (8.0 pct.)
- Quarterback David Garrard played in his 50th career game.
- Garrard had 30-plus attempts for the sixth time in the last seven games.
- The Jaguars have a 30-plus time of possession in seven of 10 games.
- Maurice Jones-Drew had a reception in his 29th consecutive game, the longest current streak on the team.
- Joe Zelenka extended his team record with 122 consecutive games played.
- Josh Scobee has scored at least one point in 51 consecutive games dating back to 1/2/05, the second-longest streak in team history. Mike Hollis holds the team record at 67 games.