The following are notes from the Jaguars' 28-24 loss in Tennessee Sunday.
• Guard Brad Meester had to sit out three plays with a dislocated little finger on his right hand, marking the first three regular-season offensive snaps he's missed in his two-year career.
• Defensive tackle Seth Payne sacked quarterback Steve McNair twice, giving Payne a career-high four sacks this season.
• Damon Gibson's 24-yard punt return is the Jaguars' longest punt return of the season.
• Their defensive backfield decimated by injury, the Titans used a very soft coverage strategy against the Jaguars, having dropped their cornerbacks 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.
• The Jaguars began using their no-huddle offense in their third offensive series of the game, and immediately responded with touchdowns in each of their first two offensive series in the no-huddle attack.
• Titans cornerback Samari Rolle's second-quarter interception is his seventh in the Titans' last seven games against the Jaguars.
• Derrick Mason's 49-yard kickoff return is the longest kickoff return against the Jaguars this season.
• The Titans' Kevin Dyson dropped a sure touchdown pass and Joe Nedney missed two field goal attempts in the first half.
• With the loss, the Jaguars' record fell to 2-5, which leaves the Jags in last place in the AFC Central. Pittsburgh is 5-2, Baltimore is 5-3, Cincinnati and Cleveland are each 4-3, and Tennessee is 3-4.