WITH THE WIN, THE JAGUARS...
- Improved to 1-6 in 2014 and 1-2 at home
- Gus Bradley improved to 5-18 as the Jaguars head coach.
- Improved to 11-5 overall against Cleveland including back-to-back wins and wins in three of the last four meetings.
- Won their first home game in September/October since Oct. 24, 2011 against Baltimore (snapping a streak of nine consecutive losses).
JAGUARS RUSH FOR MOST IN 35-GAME SPAN
The Jaguars entered Sunday's game averaging 86 rushing yards a game but produced a season-high 185 yards on the ground against the Browns. The 185 yards marked the most by the Jaguars since Sept. 23, 2012 at Indianapolis (185), a span of 35 games.
THIRD-STRAIGHT GAME UNDER 20 POINTS FOR OPPONENT
The Jaguars held the Browns to only six points today on two field goals. The Jaguars have held opponents to under 20 points in three consecutive games for the first time since 2007. The Jaguars have allowed only 13 points per game the last three weeks and only two offensive touchdowns. Opponents have not scored an offensive touchdown in the second half over the last three games.
SEASON-HIGH 24 POINTS FOR JAGUARS
The Jaguars scored a season-high 24 points today, the first time the club has eclipsed 20-plus points since December 15, 2013 against Buffalo. The club had gone eight straight games without reaching the 20-point mark.
TIGHT RED ZONE DEFENSE
The Browns had only two trips to the red zone in 15 drives and came away with two field goals. Opponents have scored only two touchdowns against the Jaguars in their last 13 red zone possessions over a four-game span.
THREE MORE SACKS FOR JAGUARS DEFENSE
The Jaguars increased their sacks total to 22, tied for the second-most in team history after the first seven games (26, 1999; 22, 1997) and most since 1999. All three sacks came in the second half. The Jaguars have at least two sacks in each of the first seven games for only the fourth time in team history (1997, 1999, 2001) and first time since 2001. The Jaguars have 41 sacks in the last 15 games dating back to 2013.
YARDS ALLOWED TRENDING DOWN
The Jaguars defense have limited opponents to the three lowest totals of the season in the last three games with 372 against Pittsburgh, 290 at Tennessee and 266 today against Cleveland. It marked the first time since 2011 the club allowed less than 300 total yards in back-to-back games. The 266 yards are the fewest by a Jaguars opponent since Nov. 24, 2013 at Houston (216).
ROOKIE TELVIN SMITH MAKES TWO GAME-CHANGING PLAYS
Rookie linebacker Telvin Smith registered a sack, forced fumble, interception and two passes defensed against the Browns. Smith, who has two career sacks, registered a sack/forced fumble of Brian Hoyer in the third quarter and the ball was recovered by linebacker Paul Posluszny. With 5:21 remaining in the game, Smith picked off Hoyer and returned it 15 yards to set up a Jaguars touchdown. It was the first interception by the Jaguars since the first half of the season-opener at Philadelphia.
CAREER DAY FOR DENARD ROBINSON
Second-year running back Denard Robinson registered a career-high 127 yards on 22 carries (5.8 avg.) including an eight-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter. Robinson entered the game without a touchdown in 22 career games, 160 career rushing yards and had never rushed more than nine times in a game. His 20-yard run in the first quarter was the second-longest of his career and longest in 2014.
LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING FOR POSLUSZNY
Paul Posluszny filled the stat line today, finishing with a game-high 12 tackles along with one sack, one tackle for loss, one quarterback hit and a fumble recovery. Posluszny recovered a Brian Hoyer fumble in the third quarter and sacked Hoyer for an eight-yard loss early in the fourth quarter. He has recorded double-digit tackles in 41 of 54 games with the Jaguars including five of the first seven games this season.
THREE STRAIGHT GAMES WITH A SACK FOR CLEMONS
Veteran defensive end Chris Clemons leads the Jaguars with four sacks thanks to a fourth quarter takedown of Brian Hoyer on the Browns final possession. Clemons has a sack in three consecutive games which marks only the second time in his career (2007) with a full sack in three straight games. He has a sack in back-to-back games against Cleveland (Oct. 23, 2011).
BORTLES EARNS FIRST WIN AS STARTER
Rookie quarterback Blake Bortles claimed his first NFL win, completing 17 of 31 passes for one touchdown and three interceptions. Bortles hooked up with rookie Allen Robinson for a 31-yard touchdown pass at the end of the second half. Bortles had four completions of 20-plus yards, increasing his season total to 15 through five games. He has 30-plus attempts in each of his four starts. He had five rushes of 37 yards including an 18-yard run.
FIRST CAREER TOUCHDOWN FOR ALLEN ROBINSON
Wide receiver Allen Robinson led the team with 60 yards on four receptions including his first career touchdown reception, a 31-yard connection with Blake Bortles at the end of the first half. Robinson had his streak snapped at four games with at least five receptions. He leads the team with 34 catches for 371 yards through seven games.
- Rookie running back Storm Johnson scored a touchdown in his second consecutive game.
- Ace Sanders' 19-yard punt return in the third quarter was the longest of his career.
- Linebacker J.T. Thomas matched his career-high with seven tackles.
- The Jaguars allowed only 15 yards and one first down on the Browns first 12 plays.
- The Jaguars stopped the Browns on three fourth down attempts.
- The Jaguars defense rallied around rookie quarterback Blake Bortles and his three interceptions. The three turnovers led to only three points and the Jaguars stopped the Browns on two fourth down attempts following a turnover.
- The Jaguars have allowed only three points on their opponents' first offensive possession through seven games, the fewest in the NFL.
- The Browns had two plays of 20-plus yards (both passes).
- Opponents have scored a touchdown in the third quarter only one time over the past six games and have not scored a touchdown in the third quarter in three straight games.
Josh Scobee finished with six points on three extra point attempts and a 30-yard field goal in the third quarter. Scobee is 10 of 12 (83.3 pct.) in seven career games against Cleveland.
Second half images from the Jaguars win over the Cleveland Browns.