Blaine Gabbert completed 27 of 38 passes for 220 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions for an 81.0 rating. His 71.0 completion percentage was the highest of his career. It marked Gabbert's fourth career game with two touchdowns and first time in his career with 200-plus passing yards in back-to-back games.
Gabbert finished with three completions of 20-plus yards including a long of 25 yards to Cecil Shorts in the second quarter. He tied his career-best with nine completions of 25-plus yards through eight games (9, 2011). He has at least one completion of 25-plus yards in seven of eight games.
Lewis surpasses Brady for most career receptions by a tight end
Tight end Marcedes Lewis finished with four receptions for 41 yards including a 20-yard catch in the fourth quarter. Lewis surpassed Kyle Brady for the most receptions in team history by a tight end with 243. He already owns the top career marks for receiving yards (2,882) and receptions of 25-plus yards (22) by a tight end
Scobee moves up the charts
Josh Scobee played in his 128th game today, tying former long snapper Joe Zelenka in sixth place for most games played in franchise history. Scobee has served as the club's placekicker since being drafted in the fifth round of the 2004 draft.
Shorts has two receptions of 20-plus yards
Cecil Shorts entered the game with a team-high seven catches for 20-plus yards and added to the total with two more. Shorts had a reception of 25 yards in the second quarter and one for 20 yards in the fourth quarter. Of his 23 receptions through eight games, nine are for 20-plus yards including three for touchdowns. He has 15 catches for 251 yards (16.7 avg.) in the last three games. He leads the team with 456 receiving yards through eight games, five yards shy of the club's 2011 leader in receiving yards (Marcedes Lewis, 460).
First receiving touchdown since 2010 for Spurlock
Micheal Spurlock scored the Jaguars first touchdown on a five-yard pass from Blaine Gabbert in the fourth quarter. It was Spurlock's first touchdown since Oct. 17, 2010 against New Orleans as a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Spurlock, who joined the Jaguars on Oct. 4, has three career receiving touchdowns.
Blackmon pulls in five receptions and first career touchdown
Rookie Justin Blackmon scored his first NFL touchdown with 50 seconds remaining in the game on a six-yard pass from Blaine Gabbert. Blackmon had five receptions for 32 yards. He is tied for the team-lead with 23 receptions through eight games and ranked second with 225 yards.
Robinson returns to action
Laurent Robinson led the team with a season-high six receptions for 41 yards. Robinson returned to the lineup after missing three games with a concussion.
- Bryan Anger had a 73-yard punt downed at the Lions eight-yard line in the first quarter, the fourth-longest punt in franchise history. Bryan Barker had an 83-yard punt on Oct. 11, 1999 at the New York Jets.
- Third-year defensive George Selvie picked up his first sack of the season and third of his career as he stopped Matthew Stafford for a one-yard loss in the first quarter. It was only the club's second sack in a home game this season and all eight of the club's sacks have come from defensive linemen.
- Jalen Parmele had a career-high five rushes for 15 yards.
- All four of the Lions' touchdowns came via the rush, tied for the most rushing touchdown by a Jaguars opponent in franchise history (4, Nov. 12, 1995 vs. Seattle). Mikel Leshoure's became the third opposing player to rush for three touchdowns against the Jaguars and first since 2006.
- The Jaguars scored 14 points in the fourth quarter, the most points in any quarter for the club through eight games.
- The Jaguars scored a touchdown in the second half for the first time since week three at Indianapolis. Blaine Gabbert had touchdown passes to Micheal Spurlock and Justin Blackmon in the second half.
- The Jaguars did not have a play of 30-plus yards for the first time since week four against Cincinnati. The Lions had three completions of 20-plus yards with a long of 38 yards from Matthew Stafford to Calvin Johnson in the second quarter.
- Kicker Josh Scobee had his streak snapped at 10 consecutive games with a field goal, tied for the third-longest streak in team history.
- Brad Meester started his 66th consecutive games, the fifth-longest streak in team history.
- The Jaguars allowed only one sack, tied for the fewest this season (9/23 at Indianapolis).
- The Jaguars had two trips to the red zone and both resulted in touchdowns on their final two drives. The Jaguars have 15 trips to the red zone through eight games and all 15 resulted in a score (7 touchdowns, 8 field goals).
- The Jaguars finished with 64 rushing yards, the fifth consecutive game the club failed to eclipse 100 rushing yards.
- Seven players have a touchdown for the Jaguars through eight games (Maurice Jones-Drew, Rashad Jennings, Marcedes Lewis, Cecil Shorts, Guy Whimper, Micheal Spurlock, Justin Blackmon).