SCOBEE SURPASSES 1,000 CAREER POINTS
Josh Scobee hit both his field goal attempts today, connecting from 33 and 37 yards. He increased his career points total to 1,002, one of only nine active NFL players with 1,000 or more points.
MARKS ADDS TO SACKS TOTAL
Jaguars defensive tackle Sen'Derrick Marks finished with 1.5 sacks and increased his season total to a career-high 8.5 sacks. Marks has a sack in five of the last six games with six total during that span. His sacks came on the Texans first two offensive possessions. He has 15.5 career sacks with 12.5 coming with the Jaguars over the last two seasons (29 games).
JAGUARS HAVE MOST SACKS SINCE 2005
The Jaguars have 39 sacks through 13 games including two today against the Texans. The 39 sacks are the most in a season since 2005 (47). The Jaguars have 10 sacks, nine forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries in the last three games.
BORTLES HAS TOUCHDOWN PASS AND SECOND-MOST ATTEMPTS OF HIS CAREER
Quarterback Blake Bortles completed 20 of 39 passes for 205 yards with one touchdown, the second-most passing attempts of his career (46, at Tennessee). Bortles had three completions of 20-plus yards including a 35-yard pass to Marcedes Lewis in the fourth quarter. He hooked up with rookie Allen Hurns for a four-yard touchdown in the first quarter, his first career touchdown pass in the first quarter and his 10 this season.
HURNS NABS TEAM-HIGH SIXTH TOUCHDOWN RECEPTION
2014 undrafted rookie Allen Hurns scored on a four-yard pass from Blake Bortles in the first quarter. Hurns has a team-high six touchdowns in 13 games, the most touchdowns by a rookie wide receiver in franchise history. He joined Fred Taylor (17) and Maurice Jones-Drew (16) as the only players in team history with six or more touchdowns as a rookie.
LEE CONTINUES TO SHINE
Rookie wide receiver Marqise Lee has 14 receptions for 194 yards (13.8 avg.) in the last three games. He tied for the team-lead on Sunday with five catches for 67 yards with a long of 31 yards. He has 27 catches for 335 yards and one touchdown through 13 games.
THIRD STRAIGHT 40-PLUS RECEPTION SEASON FOR SHORTS
Cecil Shorts has 40 catches for 419 yards through 13 games including two receptions against the Texans. Shorts has at least 40 receptions in three straight seasons, joining Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, Mike Thomas and Maurice Jones-Drew as the only players in team history to accomplish the feat.
- Safety Sherrod Martin forced a fumble in the third quarter, his first of the season and fifth of his career.
- Tight end Marcedes Lewis led the Jaguars with 69 yards on three receptions (23.0 avg.) including a 35-yard catch in the fourth quarter.
- Safety Johnathan Cyprien led the Jaguars with eight tackles. Rookie Telvin Smith had a team-high two tackles for loss.
- The Jaguars have not allowed an opponent to eclipse 300 passing yards in nine straight games.
- Houston's Arian Foster had 127 yards on 24 carries, the third opposing player to rush for 100-plus yards against the Jaguars in 2014 (Jeremy Hill, Cincinnati; DeMarco Murray, Dallas).
- The Jaguars controlled the ball for 9:11 in the second half while the Texans had the ball for 20:49.
- The Jaguars defensed limited the Texans to only 3 of 14 (21 pct.) on third down.
- Jordan Todman returned four kickoffs for a 27.8-yard average with a long of 30 yards.