Name: Tim and Teri Shipman
Member Since: Day One, 1995
Seat Location: Sec 38, Row D
Do you have any game day rituals?
- Teri: Walking towards the stadium and experiencing all the people, music, and tailgate parties…just the overall excitement. Then when you get in its strictly game day.
- Tim: I love the ringing of the bell prior to the 4th quarter– something about it just gets me hyped up.
What's your go to food item at TIAA Bank Field*?*
Popcorn and Burgers. Both are solid choices that you can't go wrong with on game day.
What do you gain from attending a game instead of watching it on TV?
- Teri: The atmosphere. The complete experience. As soon as you get out of your car, its GAME DAY!
- Tim: You get the raw game. There are no commercials. You're seeing the guys in between plays, what they're doing and if you sit where we do, you just get a stronger sense of what the players are physically going through than what you get on TV.
What would you tell someone who is considering purchasing season tickets?
- Teri: Go to a game with someone who has season tickets. Experience the planning of the tailgate food, who you're going to tailgate with, what you're going to wear, who you will meet even if you don't sit together. It is a full day, the day of the game, that you're getting your money's worth. But even prior to that you are planning what you're doing. We have great people around us that we look forward to seeing each season. At home, you turn it on and turn it off.
- Tim: The thing about a season ticket is you know where you're going to sit. You know what the view is. And then you get to know the people around you. We enjoy the consistency. But get in there early rather than waiting in a long line just before kickoff. That enhances the experience so you can explore a little and take advantage of everything the stadium has to offer.