JACKSONVILLE – The '23 Jaguars will be prime-time players multiple times.
They will be national-television players even more.
They will play internationally twice in October, and they also will have two significant home stretches – with the NFL releasing the Jaguars' 2023 schedule along with the entire '23 league schedule Thursday at 8 p.m.
Among the highlights of the Jaguars' '23 schedule: a home game against the Atlanta Falcons at Wembley Stadium in London, England, on October 1 at 9:30 a.m. on ESPN+. They play a road game against the Buffalo Bills at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London the following Sunday at 9:30 a.m. on NFL Network.
Those games were announced Tuesday along with select other NFL games, with the league announcing the rest of the schedule Thursday on NFL Network.
Thursday's announcement included three Jaguars prime-time games: at the New Orleans Saints in a Thursday Night Prime Video game on October 19, home against the Cincinnati Bengals in a Monday Night ESPN game on December 4 and home against the Baltimore Ravens in a Sunday Night NBC game on December 17.
The Jaguars open '23 at the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium on September 10 at 1 p.m., followed by back-to-back home games at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville: the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs on September 17 and the Houston Texans on September 24.
They play the Falcons in London Week 4 and the Bills in Week 5, then return to TIAA Bank Field to play host to the Colts on October 15 before back-to-back road games: at New Orleans on Thursday in Week 7 and at the Pittsburgh Steelers on October 29.
The Jaguars' bye week is the week of November 5 – Week 9.
The Jaguars follow the bye with three games at TIAA Bank Field in four weeks – back-to-back games there against the San Francisco 49ers (November 12) and Tennessee Titans (November 19) with a road game at Houston on November 26 before opening December at home against the Bengals December 4.
The Bengals' game is the first of three consecutive games against AFC North teams. They play at the Cleveland Browns December 10, then play host to the Ravens in Jacksonville the following week.
The Jaguars close the season with two of three games on the road. They visit the Tampa Bay Buccaneers December 24, play host to the Carolina Panthers December 31, then visit the Titans in the Week 18 regular-season finale.
The time and date of the regular-season finale will be determined following Week 17 games.
The Jaguars in 2023 will play four games each against teams from the NFC South (Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay) and AFC North (Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Cleveland) and six games against AFC South teams (Indianapolis, Tennessee, Houston). They also will play the 2022 first-place teams from the AFC East (Buffalo), AFC West (Kansas City) and NFC West (San Francisco).
The schedule features five games against 2022 division champions (Buffalo, Kansas City, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Tampa Bay) and one other 2022 playoff team (Baltimore). Six of their 17 games are against teams that had winning records in 2022.
The full regular-season schedule is as follows:
- Week 1: September 10, Indianapolis Colts (4-12-1, 2022 third in AFC South) at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Ind., 1 p.m., FOX.
- Week 2: September 17, Kansas City Chiefs (14-3, 2022 first in AFC West) at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, 1 p.m., CBS.
- Week 3: September 24, Houston Texans (3-13-1, 2022 fourth in AFC South) at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, 1 p.m., FOX.
- Week 4: October 1, Atlanta Falcons (7-10, 2022 second in NFC South) at Wembley Stadium in London, 9:30 a.m., ESPN+.
- Week 5: October 8, Buffalo Bills (13-3, 2022 first in AFC East) at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London, 9:30 a.m., NFLN.
- Week 6: October 15, Indianapolis Colts (4-12-1, 2022 third in AFC South) at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, 1 p.m., CBS.
- Week 7: October 19, New Orleans Saints (7-10, 2022 second in NFC South) at Caesars Superdome in New Orleans, La., 8:15 p.m., Prime Video.
- Week 8: October 29, Pittsburgh Steelers (9-8, 2022 third in AFC North) at Acrisure Stadium in Pittsburgh, Pa., 1 p.m., CBS.
- Week 9: November 5, Bye.
- Week 10: November 12, San Francisco 49ers (13-4, 2022 first in NFC West) at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, 1 p.m., FOX.
- Week 11: November 19, Tennessee Titans (7-10, 2022 second in AFC South) at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, 1 p.m., CBS.
- Week 12: November 26, Houston Texans (3-13-1, 2022 fourth in AFC South) at NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas, 1 p.m., CBS.
- Week 13: December 4, Cincinnati Bengals (12-4, 2022 first in AFC North) at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, 8:15 p.m., ESPN.
- Week 14: December 10, Cleveland Browns (7-10, 2022 fourth in AFC North) at FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio, 1 p.m., CBS.
- Week 15: December 17, Baltimore Ravens (10-7, 2022 second in AFC North) at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, 8:20 p.m., ESPN.
- Week 16: December 24, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-9, 2022 first in NFC South) at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla., 4:05 p.m., CBS.
- Week 17: December 31, Carolina Panthers (7-10, 2022 second in NFC South) at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, 1 p.m., CBS.
- Week 18: TBD, Tennessee Titans (7-10, 2022 second in AFC South) at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tenn., TBD, TBD.
The NFL also on Thursday released preseason opponents. The Jaguars will play at the Dallas Cowboys in Preseason Week 1, at the Detroit Lions in Preseason Week 2 and at home against the Miami Dolphins in Preseason Week 3. Dates and times for the preseason games will be announced at a later date.