WITH THE WIN, THE JAGUARS...
- Improved to 4-4 overall and 3-1 at home. * Marks the fifth time in seven seasons under head coach Jack Del Rio the club is .500 or above after eight games. * Improved to 15-7 against AFC West opponents including six consecutive wins. * Head Coach Jack Del Rio improved to 54-50 since taking over the helm in 2003. * Are 6-2 against the Chiefs including two straight wins.
20-plus points equals success
### Offense hits the big plays
The Jaguars had three plays of 30-plus yards on Sunday including a 61-yard touchdown reception by Mike Sims-Walker from David Garrard. The Jaguars have 12 plays of 30-plus yards in 2009, the most plays of 30-plus yards in the first eight games under head coach Jack Del Rio.
Jaguars outgain Kansas City 426 to 301
### Sims-Walker leads the aerial attack
Mike Sims-Walker finished with a career-high 147 yards on six receptions (24.5 avg.) including catches of 61 yards for a touchdown and 45 yards. It marked his fourth career 100-yard receiving game including his third this season. He has 100 receiving yards in two of the last three games. Additional notes:
- The 147 receiving yards were the most by a Jaguars receiver since Jimmy Smith had 147 yards on December 10, 2000 vs. Arizona.
- The 24.5 average per reception ranks as the fourth-highest in team history with a minimum of five receptions.
- The 61-yard reception was the longest by a Jaguar since Reggie Williams scored on an 80-yard pass from Quinn Gray on November 4, 2007 at New Orleans.
- Has six more receptions and 80-plus receiving yards in five of the last six games.
- Has led the team in receptions in five of the seven games he has played this season.
- Recorded five of his top six career receiving totals in the first eight games this season.
- Leads team with 36 receptions for 554 yards and four touchdowns.
### Jones-Drew scores 11th touchdown of the season
Maurice Jones-Drew continued his assault on the end zone with his 11th touchdown of the season with a 10-yard run in the fourth quarter. Jones-Drew has six touchdowns in the last three games and at least one touchdown in six eight games this season. He has 51 career touchdowns including 45 rushing scores.
Getting the touches
- Leads team with 747 rushing yards on 145 attempts, the most rushing yards in the first eight games in franchise history (Fred Taylor, 690, 2002). * The 29 attempts were the second-most of his career (33, 10/18/09 vs. St. Louis). * He finished with 37 receiving yards to go with his 97 rushing yards, his fourth game this season with 130-plus combined yards. * Has a reception in 43 consecutive games, the fourth-longest streak in team history.
Garrard throws career-long 61-yard touchdown pass
### Garrard finishes with 21st career 100-plus passer rating
David Garrard finished 18 of 27 passing for 264 yards and one touchdown for a 110.7 rating. It marked his second 100-plus rating game this season and 21st of his career. He has produced 19 100-plus rating games as a starter and the Jaguars are 14-5 in those starts. Additional notes on Garrard:
- Improved to 28-26 overall as a starter, 17-13 at home, 19-22 against the AFC and 2-1 against Kansas City.
- Recorded fourth game this season with a 60-plus completion percentage.
- Had nine rushes for 29 yards, tied for the third-most carries of his career.
### Jennings scores first career touchdown
Rookie running back Rashad Jennings broke free for a 28-yard touchdown run in the first quarter to give the Jaguars a 7-0 lead. Jennings, one of two seventh round picks, is only the fifth different player to score a touchdown for the Jaguars through eight games.
Smith records 1.5 sacks; 14.5 career sacks
### Holt moves into 11th place in NFL history for receiving yards
Wide receiver Torry Holt moved past Steve Largent (13,089) for 11th place in NFL history for most receiving yards. Holt has 902 receptions for 13,121 yards in 166 career games. Holt extended his streak of consecutive games with a reception to 161 games, the second-longest streak among active players and the ninth-longest in NFL history.
Holt is second-fastest player to 900 career receptions
- Rookie Mike Thomas had a career-long 44-yard punt return in the fourth quarter. Thomas had two kickoff returns of 40-plus yards last Sunday at Tennessee.
- The Jaguars scored in all four quarters for the second time this season (9/27 at Houston).
- Quarterback David Garrard started his 24th consecutive game, tied for the second-highest streak by a quarterback in team history (Mark Brunell, 27 games from 1997-98; Brunell, 24 games from 2000-01).
- John Henderson recorded his first sack of the season and the 27th of his career, the fifth-most in team history.
- Safety Sean Considine and linebacker Brian Iwuh played in their 50th career game.
- Wide receiver Jarett Dillard had a career-high 33-yard reception in the first quarter from David Garrard. Dillard has five receptions for 99 yards (19.8 avg.) through eight games.
- Josh Scobee was wide left on a 53-yard field goal attempt early in the second quarter. Scobee has tied the franchise-record with three field goals of 53 yards since 2004.
- Scobee recorded his 10th touchback of the season and 84th of his career.
- Torry Holt finished with four receptions for 37 yards. He is the only Jaguar to have multiple receptions in all eight games.
- The Jaguars controlled the ball for 36:13, the fourth game this season with a 30-plus time of possession. The Jaguars have won all four games.
- The Jaguars scored three touchdowns and marked the fourth game this season with at least three touchdowns.