The Indianapolis Colts and the Jacksonville Jaguars meet in a Week 13 AFC South matchup at TIAA Bank Field on Sunday.
Indianapolis will look for another win to build on their five-game winning streak, but the Jaguars run defense will be a formidable obstacle for Andrew Luck and his offense. The Colts are ranked 18th in the league, averaging 112.9 rushing yards per game. Hopefully the Jaguars defensive front seven can significantly limit Indy's run game.
In other news, Jaguars Head Coach Doug Marrone let go of Offensive Coordinator Nathaniel Hackett this week. Quarterback Blake Bortles was also benched the day after the team's seventh consecutive loss. Marrone promoted Quarterbacks Coach Scott Milanovich to OC and backup quarterback Cody Kessler will step in as QB1. This sweeping change was made to jump start the passing game and spark more production from the Jags' offense. Bring on the Battle of the Offenses!
Doug Marrone expects Cody Kessler to energize the 3-8 Jaguars and their 28th ranked 17.9 points per game average on Sunday. "Hopefully he can stay healthy and win some games for us," Marrone said.
Jacksonville will be without three starting offensive linemen (Cam Robinson, Brandon Linder and Andrew Norwell), so Kessler will have his work cut out for him as far as avoiding pressure is concerned. The Colts are allowing an average of 24.8 points and 253.9 yards a game, so this bodes well for Kessler.
Leonard Fournette is facing a one-game suspension after an altercation took place in Buffalo, so the Jags will be without their starting running back. The offense will need to make plays, and Kessler will have the job of putting the team on his shoulders.
It's that point in the season where we need some comfort food. We've got just what the doctor ordered - meatballs! This easy to make and even easier to eat recipe is sure to make your game day a cozy one. Bon Appetit!
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Pound Pork Sausage
- 3 Cloves Of Garlic
- 1 ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ⅓ Of A Cup Onions
- ⅓ Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Parmigiano-reggiano, Grated
- ⅔ Cup Of Milk
- 2 Eggs
- ⅔ Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- In a large bowl combine ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Form into two inch balls.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Coat finished meatballs in your favorite spaghetti sauce.
- Serve on sticky buns.
Inspired by Cody Kessler's fresh start at quarterback, we're making a cocktail with some fresh flavors. This yummy recipe is sure to enliven your spirits and dazzle your taste buds.
- 2 Ounces of Gin
- 1 ½ Ounces of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ Ounces of Rosé
- 3 Muddled Cranberries
- ½ Simple Syrup
- Dried Edible Rose Petals to Garnish
- Add Fresh Cranberries into your shaker and muddle. Next, add Ice, Gin, Fresh Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup, Rosé into the shaker. Shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled, double old-fashioned glass. Top with Rosé. Garnish with Dried Edible Rose Petals.
Just because Indy is in the midwest doesn't mean we still can't feel a little tropical. Put on your favorite Hawaiian shirt and mix yourself one of these delicious concoctions.
- 1 ½ Ounces of Vodka
- 1 ½ Ounces of Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 1 ½ Ounces of Champagne
- Rosemary Sprig
- Lemon for Garnish
- Add Fresh Pineapple Juice and Vodka into your shaker full of ice. Shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled, double old-fashioned glass. Top with Champagne. Garnish with a slice of lemon and a sprig of rosemary.