Shorts matches career-high with eight receptions
Cecil Shorts equaled his career-high with eight catches against the Raiders for 93 yards. He also had eight receptions on Oct. 28, 2012 at Green Bay. The 93 yards were the fifth-most of his career and the second-most in a road game. He had receptions of 17, 18 and 22 yards from Chad Henne. He leads the team with 11 catches for 133 yards through two games.
Henne finishes with 241 passing yards**
Chad Hennemade his 38th career start today, his seventh with the Jaguars, and completed 25 of 38 passes for 241 yards with one touchdown for a 92.1 passer rating. Henne had 157 yards through the air in the second half. He has 10 career games with a 90-plus rating as a starter.
Jaguars credited with three sacks
The Jaguars recorded three sacks on Sunday with Paul Posluszny, Jeremy Mincey and Brandon Deaderick all being credited with a sack. Deaderick's sack of Terrelle Pryor forced a fumble that was recovered by the Raiders. The four sacks in the opening two games are the most since 2010 (4).
Posluszny eclipses 600 career tackles**
Paul Posluszny went into today's game needing nine tackles to reach 600 for his career and he had nine stops against the Raiders including his eighth career sack. Posluszny leads the team with 19 tackles through two games.
Taking care of the ball
The Jaguars were plus-one in turnover differential today with zero turnovers and one fumble recovery by safety Dwight Lowery. The Jaguars have not recorded a fumble lost in each of the first two games for the first time since the beginning of the 2006 season.
15-play drive is longest of season**
Quarterback Chad Henne directed a 15-play, 83-yard drive in the second quarter that resulted in a 27-yard Josh Scobee field goal. The 15-play drive was the longest of the season for the Jaguars.
Rookie makes plays
2013 fourth-round pick Ace Sandershad five receptions for 64 yards (12.8 avg.) including a 30-yard reception in the fourth quarter, the longest reception in the game. All 64 receiving yards came in the second half. He ranks second on the club with eight receptions for 78 yards through two games.
Jones-Drew sprains ankle in second quarter
Maurice Jones-Drewhad 10 carries for 27 yards before spraining his ankle in the second quarter. Jones-Drew, who did not return, also had his first reception of the season.
- DT Roy Miller registered three solo tackles including a team-high two tackles for loss.
- CB Demetrius McCray and FB Will Ta'ufo'ou tied for the team-lead with two special teams tackles.
- CB Will Blackmon made his third career start and first since 2008. He finished with three tackles and also returned one punt for five yards.
- RB Jordan Todman had a career-high five carries for seven yards.
- WR Jeremy Ebert made his NFL debut and had a five-yard reception.
- 11 different players have a reception for the Jaguars through two games.
- The Jaguars converted 7 of 17 on third down (41.0 pct.).
- The Jaguars' 34 rushing yards were the fewest since the 2008 season-opener at Tennessee (33 rushing yards).
- P Bryan Anger punted eight times for a 43.6-yard average with three downed inside the 20. Anger's 19 punts through the first two games are the most in franchise history.
- WR Stephen Burton had three kickoff returns for a 24.7-yard average including a 32-yard return. He also had a 22-yard reception in the second quarter.
- The Raiders had five trips to the red zone and came away with 16 points (1 TD, 3 FGs).