JACKSONVILLE – A week of movement continued Wednesday.
The Jaguars, one day after trimming their roster to the league-mandated 53 players, continued to shape the roster in preparation for the 2021 regular season – claiming wide receiver Tyron Johnson from waivers and signing 13 players to the practice squad.
Johnson (6-feet-1, 193 pounds), a third-year veteran, was claimed after being waved by the Los Angeles Chargers. He caught 20 passes for 398 yards and three touchdowns last season, having spent time with Houston, Buffalo, Carolina and the Chargers as a rookie in 2019.
The Jaguars on Wednesday signed the following players to the practice squad:
- Wide Receivers: Phillip Dorsett II, Devin Smith, Laquon Treadwell, Jeff Cotton Jr. and Josh Hammond
- Defensive Tackle: Doug Costin
- Offensive Lineman: KC McDermott, Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms and Badara Traore
- Running Backs: Devine Ozigbo and Nathan Cottrell
- Defensive Back: Brandon Rusnak
- Cornerback: Lorenzo Burns.
All 13 players had been waived or released by the Jaguars Tuesday.
The team also waived defensive tackle Daniel Ekuale.