The following are notes from the Jaguars' 25-23 loss to the Steelers today.
• Jeff Reed's six field goals are the most ever by a Jaguars opponent. New England's Adam Viniatieri (9-22-96) and Baltimore's Matt Stover (11-8-00) each scored five.
• Pittsburgh's 219 yards rushing is the third-most ever against the Jaguars. The most is 246 by Seattle on 11-12-95.
• Jimmy Smith caught three passes for 26 yards and moved into 23rd place on the NFL's all-time receiving yardage list, moving ahead of Hall of Famer Charley Taylor (9,110 yards). Smith has caught passes for 9,117 yards.
• Marlon McCree made his fifth interception of the season and moved into a tie for the second-most interceptions in a season in team history. Aaron Beasley made six interceptions in 1999. McCree's 53-yard return of his interception Sunday is the second-longest in team history. His 128 career interception-return yards are the second-most in Jaguars history; Beasley's 279 is the most.
• Fred Taylor rushed for 80 yards, which put him over the 1,000-yard mark at 1,008 yards. It is Taylor's third 1,000-yard season.
• Kyle Brady's 42-yard touchdown pass from Mark Brunell is a career-long for Brady.
• Jerome Bettis moved into 10th place on the NFL's all-time rushing list ahead of John Riggins. Bettis has rushed for 11,459 yards in his career.