With the win, the Jaguars…
- Improved to 7-5 overall, 5-1 at home, and have won four of their last five games. * Are 7-3 in the last 10 games. * Marks the fourth time in seven seasons under head coach Jack Del Rio the club has seven or more wins after 12 games. * Improved to 8-8 against the Texans with wins in three of the last four games. The Jaguars swept the season series for the second time (2005) in the eight-year series history. * Head Coach Jack Del Rio improved to 57-51 since taking over the helm in 2003. Del Rio is 7-7 against the Texans. * Improved to 3-2 in the AFC South with one division game remaining (Dec. 17 vs. Indianapolis). It marks the first time since 2005 the club has won three or more division games. * Six of the club's seven wins have been decided by seven points or less.
Jaguars register season-high three interceptions; three takeaways in 3 of last 4 games
### Three interceptions by three different players
Safety Anthony Smith registered his second interception of the season in the first quarter. Linebacker Justin Durant recorded his second career interception, first since 2007, and returned it 27 yards in the third quarter. Safety Gerald Alexander picked off running back Chris Brown in the fourth quarter, his second interception this season and fourth of his career.
Smith records second interception of the season
### Jaguars continue to hit the 'Big Play'
The Jaguars had three passing plays of 30-plus yards including a season-long 62-yard pass from David Garrard to tight end Zach Miller. The Jaguars have 19 plays of 30-plus yards through 12 games and five of 60-plus yards. The five plays of 60-plus yards are tied for the most in a season under head coach Jack Del Rio (2003).
Day of the tight ends
### Miller has breakout game
Rookie tight end Zach Miller finished with a career-high three receptions for 74 yards including a 62-yard catch in the second quarter. The 62-yard reception was the longest by a tight end in franchise history and longest by a Jaguar this season.
Lewis continues to stretch the field
### Wilford moves into fourth place with 15th career TD
Tight end Ernest Wilford moved into a tie for fourth place in team history with his 15th career receiving touchdown. Wilford scored on a four-yard pass from David Garrard in the second quarter, his first touchdown since December 30, 2007 at Houston.
Scobee gets back on track with 51-yard field goal
### Garrard sets franchise record for a quarterback; Improves to 31-27 as a starter
David Garrard started his 28th consecutive game today, the longest streak by a quarterback in team history. The streak began at the start of the 2008 season. He improved to 31-27 as a starter, 20-13 at home and 22-22 against the AFC.
Garrard registers 100-plus rating game and throws for two touchdowns
### Jones-Drew seals victory in the fourth quarter
Maurice Jones-Drew finished with 76 yards on 24 carries and one reception for six yards. Jones-Drew sealed the victory in the fourth quarter with three consecutive rushes for 28 yards to pick up two first downs. Additional notes:
- Increased his total to 275 offensive touches through 12 games, the most in a season by a Jaguar since 2004 (Fred Taylor, 296). Established a career-high for touches in a season, surpassing his previous high of 259 in 2008.
- Recorded 20-plus carries in his 12th career game and the Jaguars are 8-4 in those games.
- Has 20-plus carries in seven of 12 games this season.
- Has 233 rushing attempts in 12 games, the most by a Jaguars running back in a season since 2004 (Fred Taylor, 260).
- Had a reception in his 47th consecutive game, the fourth-longest streak in team history.
- Moved into sixth place in team history with 190 career receptions, surpassing Reggie Williams (189).
### Hughes scores first career touchdown
First-year wide receiver Nate Hughes hooked up with David Garrard for a 35-yard touchdown early in the second quarter, his first score in four career games. Hughes joined Mike Sims-Walker (6), Marcedes Lewis (2) and Ernest Wilford (1) as the only players to have a receiving touchdown for the Jaguars this season. Hughes started the season on the club's active roster and played in the first two games before spending seven weeks on the practice squad. He was activated to the 53-man roster on November 17.
Holt extends streak to 165 games
### Thomas continues to improve
Rookie Mike Thomas finished with three receptions for 21 yards and two rushes for four yards. In addition, he averaged 19.7 yards on three kickoff returns and 6.0 yards on two punt returns. Thomas has 32 receptions for 306 yards through 12 games, tied for the fifth-most receptions by a rookie in franchise history (32, Alvin Pearman, 2005). Thomas has 921 all-purpose yards, the fifth-most in team history by a rookie.
- Derrick Harvey sacked Matt Schaub on the first play from scrimmage for the Texans. Linebacker Justin Durant picked up his first sack of the season in the third quarter. * The Jaguars improved to 27-2 since 2006 when leading after the third quarter. * The Jaguars controlled the ball for 30:07 and have a time of possession of 30 minutes or more in seven of 12 games and have won all seven games. * The Jaguars are 47-13 under Jack Del Rio when they score 20-plus points. The Jaguars have won 14 of the last 17 games when they score 20-plus points including a 6-0 mark this season. * The Jaguars own a 39-6 record since 2003 when they score 20-plus points and control the ball for 30 minutes or more including nine consecutive wins. * The Jaguars have rushed for 100-plus yards in nine of 12 games and have totaled 100-plus rushing yards in 21 of the last 23 division games. * In the last six games against the Texans, the Jaguars have scored 20 touchdowns (10 TD passes) and thrown only one interception. * The Jaguars improved to 41-9 under head coach Jack Del Rio when they win the turnover margin. * The Jaguars have 30-plus rushing attempts in seven of 12 games. * The Jaguars held the Texans to 33 percent on third down (5 of 15) and allowed only 68 rushing yards on 22 attempts. * The Jaguars have run 60-plus plays in five consecutive games.