The Jacksonville Jaguars, in conjunction with the National Football League's Play Football Month, will host youth football team practices on July 30, 31 and August 2, 6, 7, 9, 13 and 14. The sessions are scheduled from 5:00 to 6:45 p.m on the practice fields adjacent to Jacksonville Municipal Stadium and will include two teams per practice session. The Greater Jacksonville Pop Warner Association selected the teams and coordinated the arrangements. Media is encouraged to attend.
This is the fourth year of the "Practice Like the Pros" program, which began in 2004.
Teams practicing this season include:
- July 30 - Pablo Creek Pop Warner - Mitey Mite Division
- July 31 - Lake Shore Athletic Association - Tiny Mite/Mitey Mite Division
- August 2 - Forrest View Athletic Assoc./St. John's Sports Assoc. - Junior Pee Wee Division
- August 6 - St. John's Sports Association - Mighty Mite/Pee Wee Division
- August 7 - North Jacksonville Sports Association - Junior Pee Wee/Junior Midget Division
- August 9 - LaVilla Sportsmen's Club - Midget/Junior Pee Wee Division
- August 13 - Sweetwater Athletic Association - Mighty Mite Division
- August 14 - Teams TBD
Play Football Month, an initiative of USA Football, the NFL and the NFL Players Association, is the "World's Largest Youth Football Celebration" and is designed to promote the sport of football. Young people of all ages can participate in special football events in their communities throughout the month, including clinics, skills competitions, scrimmages, picnics and parades.
For more information contact 904-633-6000.