Sunday's Jaguars game against the Houston Texans is the Military Appreciation Game presented by Wachovia. Numerous activities are planned throughout the day. More than 5,000 members of the military will be in attendance on Sunday.
Military Appreciation t-shirt
The Jaguars will be selling a special Military Appreciation camouflage t-shirt in the stadium on game day for $20, with $5 from each sale donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. The t-shirts are available at Football Fanatics and Sports Mania as well as the West Touchdown Club JAGWEAR store on Friday, November 12 from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. T-shirts can also be purchased online at jaguars.com.
Jaguars and USO to hold tailgate
The Jaguars are partnering with the USO to host a tailgate in the southeast corner of EverBank Field adjacent to Teal Town next to Lot D. More than 4,000 active duty troops and their families will be served food and drinks prior to the game.
Several local companies provided monetary donations including Prudential Insurance, Brumo's, CSX, AT&T, PSS, Allied Vets, Acosta, Regency Centers and Miller Electric. Bubba Burgers, Sonny's, Moe's, Pepsi, Winn Dixie, Gatorade and Frito Lay are donating food and beverages for the event.
Fans can donate tickets to USO
Jaguar fans who can't attend Sunday's game can still support our troops by donating tickets to the USO. Tickets can be donated by calling (904) 633-2000.
- The Jaguars and the city of Jacksonville will recognize a group of veterans on the field followed by the singing of God Bless America by Army Soldier SFC Jamie Buckley.
- A moment of silence will be held for all of those who have lost their lives serving our country followed by a USMC 21-gun salute.
- The Jaguars players will be led on the field by six members of the 125FW Security Forces.
- The national anthem will be performed via the video boards by 2ndLt. Rebecca Burgess who is currently stationed in Afghanistan. The colors will be presented by a Joint Service Guard and the Knights of Columbus, Veterans Honor Guard. Fifty soldiers and airmen from the National Guard will hold a large American Field Flag during the national anthem.
- A B-2 Spirit of the 13thBomb Squadron from Whiteman Air Force Base will perform the flyover.
- The honorary captains will be the Secretary of the Navy, Ray Mabus, and Bryan Wagner. Wagner, a below the knee amputee, was awarded the Bronze Star and received a Purple Heart.
- The Jaguars will recognize deployed troops throughout the game as well as all active duty, reservist and Veterans attending the game.
- More than 25 Wounded Warriors will be recognized during the third quarter.
The Jaguars will host an enlistment ceremony for more than 150 recruits from all branches. The Oath will be conducted by Army Brigadier General James Young. The ceremony will be followed by the singing of God Bless the USA by Jacksonville native and former American Idol finalist Phil Stacey.