Monday Night Football is coming to Jacksonville on October 18th as the Jaguars host the AFC South Division rival Tennessee Titans at EverBank Field.Jacksonville Mayor John Peyton has declared the day as "Teal Monday" in Jacksonville and is encouraging all citizens and companies to show their Jaguars pride by attending the game, wearing teal and closing businesses early in time to attend and watch the game.
A number of pregame events will be taking place in downtown Jacksonville and around EverBank Field leading up to the 8:30 p.m. kickoff. Following are several reminders. Fans are encouraged to plan on arriving early to avoid traffic congestion.
Reminder to bring non-perishable food items for food drive
The 16th annual Jaguars food drive is underway and the stadium collection will take place on Monday night. Fans are reminded to bring non-perishable food items to the game. Donations will be accepted at each of the stadium's six main gates including both East and West Touchdown Club entrances beginning at 7:00 p.m. Fans may also give a monetary donation, and each person that donates will receive a Jaguars 2010 Yearbook while supplies last.
The Second Harvest North Florida Food Bank, Northeast Florida's regional food bank, will again serve as the central resource of receiving and distributing the donated food to 18 area counties and 515 non-profit organizations feeding those who hunger. Food Drive collection will continue at area Winn-Dixie stores until Nov. 7.
A number of tickets remain available for Monday night's game.Fans can purchase tickets by calling (904) 633-2000 or 1.877.4.JAGS.TIX (option 4) or by visiting jaguars.com. They can also go to the Jaguars' main ticket office, located on the West side of EverBank Field. The ticket office will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. today through Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday.
On Monday beginning at 11:00 a.m. there will be no parking on the south side of Bay Street from Liberty to Ocean. The overhead directional signals will be programmed to have two eastbound and two westbound lanes from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. At 5:30 p.m. Bay Street will begin the pregame traffic pattern with three lanes eastbound and one lane westbound.
The Hart Bridge and the Main Street Bridge will both be open all day. All of the JTA shuttles will begin running at 6:30 p.m. utilizing school buses for this game.
Free parking will be provided at four downtown city-operated parking facilities, beginning at 5:00 p.m. on Monday:
- Courthouse West Lot at 300 Courthouse Drive
- Water Street Garage at 541 Water Street
- Yates Garage at 200 East Adams Street
- Forsyth Street Lot at Main and Forsyth Street
Teal Town Opens Early
Teal Town, the Jaguars' pregame tailgate area, located south of the Pepsi Entertainment Zone at EverBank Field, will open at 5:30 p.m. on Monday. Fans wearing their teal "We Are Jaguars," "Team Teal" or "We Are One" t-shirts will receive a voucher for a free beverage which can be redeemed between 6:30 and 7:00 p.m. inside Teal Town.
- Teal Town gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- Open to all fans, no game ticket required
- ESPN Monday Night Countdown to be shown on the large JagVision screen
- Live band
- $2 draft beer
- Discounted concessions
- "We Are One" shirts for sale for $5 (while supplies last)
- Interactive and inflatable games and football drills like high jump and long jump
- NFL trivia game
- Face painting
- Jaguars alumni and ROAR autographs
- D-Line performance
- Live music in Lot K, Lot E and on Adams Street.
Jacksonville Landing to host "Downtown Teal-Gate Party"
A special Monday Night Football "Teal-Gate Celebration" will take place at the The Jacksonville Landing kicking off at 4:00 p.m. where fans can enjoy $1 beer specials, tailgate food, interactive activities, contests and live entertainment prior the game. Fans can park free downtown at a number of city parking lots after 5:00 p.m. including the Courthouse West (300 Courthouse Drive), Water Street (541 Water Street), Yates Garage (200 East Adams Street) and the Forsyth Street Garage (Forsyth and Main Street). Transportation is made easy by parking downtown and taking the water taxi or Hooter's boat to the game.
"We Are One" teal t-shirts available
A special limited-edition teal t-shirt is being made available for all Jaguars fans to purchase for just $5 for adult small through extra large sizes and $6 for double-extra large. The shirts bear the message, "We Are One, We Are Strong, We Are Jaguars."Fans can pick up the official "We Are One" souvenir teal t-shirt at the Jaguars Jagwear merchandise store in the West Touchdown Club at EverBank Field from 9:00 a.m.to 6:00 p.m. on Friday, October 15thand on Monday, October 18th from 11:00 a.m. at Teal Town on the south side of EverBank Field off Gator Bowl Boulevard. Fans can also pick up the teal shirts at Jacksonville branches of Football Fanatics and Sports Mania, or they can order online at jaguars.com.
Several restaurants and bars in The Core area will be providing special on Monday night:
- Café 331 – Happy hour prices all night. After 8:00 p.m. is BOGO anything. Serving food all night, delivery until 1:00 a.m.
- Club TSI Discotheque – Opens at 6:00 p.m. for sidewalk tailgate party. Seventeen draft beers on tap and drink specials include $12 champagne and $3 domestic beer.
- De Real Ting Café – Open with food and drink specials.
- Dive Bar – Happy hour specials all night.
- Dos Gatos – Open from 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. with pregame happy hour from 4:00-7:00 p.m. After the game Rock N Roll Karaoke with DJ Randall. $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon drafts all night.
- LIT Downtown – Open from 5:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. $2 drafts, $5 Stoli Vodkas, and complimentary "Teal Shooters" throughout the evening.
- Mark's Downtown Club/Lounge – Happy hour specials all night.
- Northstar Substation – Open from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. $1 well liquor drinks, $1 Bud Light drafts, and $2 large pizza slices all day.
- The Ivy Ultra Bar – Open from 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. Pre and post game specials, $3 any draft/bottle beer and $5 cocktails (not including premium spirits). No cover all day and Jaguars attire is recommended.
- The Jacksonville Landing – Teal Gate celebration kicks off at 4:00 p.m. $1 beer specials, tailgate food, interactive activities, contests, live entertainment by Sugar Bear. Transportation is made easy by parking at The Landing and taking the water taxi or Hooter's boat to the game. Food and drink specials, entertainment andtransportation.
- Zodiac Grill – Happy hour starts at 4:00 p.m. with $2 draft, $3 well drinks and 50¢ wings. Stay downtown to watch the game and order dinner (regular menu available).
For general Downtown information, visit www.downtownjacksonville.org. Want to know the latest on Downtown's nightlife hotspots, like The Core Jax on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=541837984#!/TheCoreJax
Jaguars "12th Man" invited to sing the National Anthem
Jaguars fans attending Monday night's game will be invited to sing the National Anthem prior to kickoff. The "12th Man" has been a big part of the Jaguars' home wins this season and the last time the fans sang the "Star Spangled Banner" was during the Jaguars regular season opener against the Denver Broncos.
Laser and pyrotechnics show at halftime
Courtesy of EverBank, the halftime entertainment on Monday night will be a laser and pyrotechnics show. The stadium lights will be turned off for full effect. Also, fans attending the game will receive giveaway items courtesy of EverBank as they arrive. There will be 30,000 rolla banas and 50,000 foam wiggle sticks distributed.