WITH THE WIN, THE JAGUARS...
- Improved to 4-5 overall and 3-2 on the road. * Are 15-6 against the NFC under head coach Jack Del Rio with wins in six of the last seven games. * Improved to 3-1 against the Lions with three straight wins and earned their first ever win in Detroit. * Improved to 4-1 against the NFC North under head coach Jack Del Rio. * Improved to 44-29 overall since 2004, tied for the fifth-best mark in the NFL. * Head Coach Jack Del Rio improved to 49-40 since taking over the helm in 2003.
FRED TAYLOR REACHES 11,000 CAREER RUSHING YARDS; 18TH PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY
##### JONES-DREW TIES CAREER-HIGH WITH THREE TOUCHDOWNS; TIES FRANCHISE MARK WITH THREE TOUCHDOWNS IN FIRST HALF
Maurice Jones-Drew tied his career-high with three total touchdowns as he recorded a career-high three rushing touchdowns (all in first half). Jones-Drew also had three touchdowns (2 rushing, 1 kickoff return) against Indianapolis on December 10, 2006. Jones-Drew scored multiple touchdowns for the sixth time in his career and second time in the last four games. Jones-Drew has a team-high nine touchdowns this season and seven rushing touchdowns in the last five games. Here are additional notes on Jones-Drew from today's game:
- Tied a franchise-record with three touchdowns in the first half (3, James Stewart, 10/12/97 vs. Philadelphia).
- Ranks third in team history with 31 career rushing touchdowns.
- Has four career touchdowns in nine games against NFC opponents.
- Has 35 career touchdowns in the last 38 games.
- Jones-Drew recorded a 16-yard run in the first quarter, his longest run since October 12 at Denver.
- Surpassed 5,000 career all-purpose yards, marking only the fourth player in franchise history to accomplish the feat.
- Moved into third place in franchise history for most career rushes, surpassing Mark Brunell (429 att.).
- Tied his rushing touchdown total from 2007.
##### RASHEAN MATHIS RECORDS 24TH CAREER INTERCEPTION; TEAM-LEADING 3RD IN 2008
Rashean Mathis picked off Daunte Culpepper on his first pass in the first quarter. Mathis extended his franchise record to 24 interceptions and he leads the team with three this season. It was Mathis' second career interception against Detroit and 15 of his 24 interceptions have come on the road.
GARRARD THROWS FOR TWO TOUCHDOWNS; FINISHES WITH 128.4 PASSER RATING
- Improved to 23-16 as a starter, 10-7 on the road and 2-0 against Detroit. * Has recorded a 60-plus completion percentage in seven of nine games and 70-plus completion percentage in four games. Finished with a 72.0 percent completion percentage today. * Surpassed 8,000 career passing yards. * Has thrown for 200-plus yards in six straight games. * Has thrown only one interception in the last six games and has never thrown an interception in nine career games against NFC opponents.
##### GERALD SENSABAUGH BLOCKS LIONS FIELD GOAL IN SECOND QUARTER
Gerald Sensabaugh blocked a Jason Hanson field goal in the second quarter, the first blocked field goal by the Jaguars since Rashean Mathis did it on October 2, 2005 against Denver. It marked the seventh blocked field goal in franchise history. Sensabaugh blocked a punt on October 8, 2006 against the New York Jets and partially blocked a Craig Hentrich punt in the 2008 season-opener at Tennessee.
MARCEDES LEWIS TIES CAREER-HIGH WITH 64 RECEIVING YARDS
##### MATT JONES CONTINUES TO IMPRESS
Matt Jones finished with a team-high five receptions for 62 receiving yards. Jones has registered five-plus receptions in eight of the first nine games.
BRIAN WILLIAMS PLAYS IN 100TH CAREER GAME
##### SCOBEE MAKES 100TH CAREER FIELD GOAL
Josh Scobee connected from 34 yards in the first quarter for his 100th career field goal. Scobee has scored in 50 consecutive games dating back to 1/2/05, the second-longest streak in team history. Mike Hollis holds the team record at 67 games.
- The Jaguars scored 38 points, the most in a road game since December 24, 2005 at Houston (W, 38-20).
- Nine different players had receptions for the Jaguars.
- The Jaguars have been even or won the turnover differential in seven of nine games.
- The Jaguars scored a season-high 17 points in the first half.
- The Jaguars have scored on their opening drive of the second half in three of the last four games.
- The Jaguars improved to 16-4 when rushing for 150-plus yards.
- Joe Zelenka extended his team record with 121 consecutive games played.
- Clint Ingram recorded his second sack of the season in the first quarter and increased his career total to 4.5.
- Maurice Jones-Drew has a reception in 28 consecutive games, the longest current streak on team.
- WR Jerry Porter recorded a reception of 20-plus yards in the second consecutive game with a 26-yard catch in the second quarter. Porter surpassed 4,000 career receiving yards and scored his first touchdown as a Jaguar in the third quarter.
- Fred Taylor had a season-long 17-yard reception in the third quarter.
- OT Khalif Barnes made his 50th career start.
- QB Cleo Lemon saw his first action as a Jaguar.
- WR Troy Williamson scored his first touchdown as a Jaguar and the fourth of his career.
- The Jaguars improved to 4-1 in 2008 when they score 20-plus points.
- The Jaguars have a 30-plus time of possession in six of nine games.