- Improved to 5-9 overall, 2-5 at home and finish the season 2-2 against the NFC. * Own a 16-8 mark against NFC opponents under head coach Jack Del Rio with wins in seven of the last 10 games. * Evened the overall series with Green Bay at 2-2. * Improved to 22-5 against NFC opponents at home in their 14-year history. * Improved to 45-33 overall since 2004, the ninth-best mark in the NFL. * Head Coach Jack Del Rio improved to 50-44 since taking over the helm in 2003. He became one of 14 current head coaches with at least 50 regular season wins.
JAGUARS OPEN GAME WITH 12-PLAY SCORING DRIVE
David Garrard connected with Dennis Northcutt on a 30-yard touchdown pass to cap off a 12-play, 73-yard opening drive. Garrard's pass to Northcutt came on a third-and-19 from the Packers 30-yard line. It was the Jaguars first touchdown on their opening drive since October 5 against Pittsburgh. The Jaguars have a 34-8 record under head coach Jack Del Rio when they score first.
JONES-DREW SCORES TWICE IN THE 4TH QUARTER; HAS 14 TOUCHDOWNS IN 14 GAMES
Maurice Jones-Drew scored two touchdowns (1 rushing, 1 receiving) in the fourth quarter and increased his season total to 14 touchdowns. Jones-Drew has 40 career touchdowns, all in the last 43 games.
- Recorded a 14-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter and had a two-yard touchdown run later in the quarter.
- Tied for the third-most touchdowns (14) in franchise history in a single season with Fred Taylor (14, 2000).
- Has three-plus receptions in 10 of 14 games and has recorded a reception in a team-high 33 consecutive games. He has a receiving touchdown in back-to-back games.
- Has 34 career rushing touchdowns, the second-most in franchise history (Fred Taylor, 62). He has seven rushing touchdowns in the last seven games.
- Marked his eighth career game with multiple touchdowns and the Jaguars own a 6-2 record in those games.
- Garrard hooked up with Dennis Northcutt for three receptions of 30-plus yards. It was Garrard's first game this season with three completions of 30-plus yards. * Garrard's 30-yard touchdown pass to Northcutt in the first quarter was his second touchdown pass of 30-plus yards in 2008 and the 10th of his career. Garrard also hooked up with Northcutt for a 35-yard completion and a 41-yard completion in the fourth quarter. The 41-yard completion was longest of the season for the Jaguars. * Surpassed Byron Leftwich (9,042) for the second-most passing yards in franchise history with 9,216. Mark Brunell holds the team record with 25,698. * Has thrown for multiple touchdowns in 14 career games and four games this season. The Jaguars own a 11-3 record in those games. * Moved into fourth place in franchise history for attempts in a single season, third in completions and fifth in passing yards. * Recorded 30 or more attempts in 10 of the last 11 games. * Set a career-high for single season rushing yards with 273. His previous high was 250 in 2006. * Has recorded a 60-plus completion percentage or higher in 10 of 14 games as he completed 63.6 of his passes today. * Garrard became the first Jaguars quarterback since Byron Leftwich in 2004 (14 starts) to start 14 games in a season. Garrard played against his 25th NFL team on Sunday. The only teams Garrard has never played against are Baltimore, Dallas, New Orleans, St. Louis, Seattle and Washington. The Jaguars will play at Baltimore on December 28 in the season-finale.
DENNIS NORTHCUTT EARNS STARTING ROLE AND PUTS UP BEST NUMBERS AS A JAGUAR
WR Dennis Northcutt was inserted into the starting lineup today and produced his best totals as a Jaguar, finishing with five receptions for 127 yards and one touchdown. The 127 yards were the second-most of his career and most since he had 165 on October 6, 2002 vs. Baltimore as a member of the Cleveland Browns. Northcutt hooked up with David Garrard for a 30-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter, the fourth-longest scoring reception of his career, and also had receptions of 35 and 41 yards. In addition, he had a nine-yard run in the first quarter. He signed with the Jaguars as an unrestricted free agent from Cleveland in 2007.
REGGIE HAYWARD HAS BEST DAY OF THE SEASON
DE Reggie Hayward sacked Aaron Rodgers in the second quarter, increasing his season total to 3.5 sacks. Hayward has recorded 37.5 career sacks, the most career sacks by any player on the current roster. In addition, Hayward forced a Rodgers fumble in the fourth quarter that was recovered by the Packers.
The following players were inactive for the Jaguars: DB Kennard Cox, RB Alvin Pearman, LB Tim Shaw, C/G Drew Miller, WR Jerry Porter, DL Jeremy Mincey, DL Tony McDaniel, DT Atiyyah Ellison.
- Second-year S Reggie Nelson recorded his second interception of the season and seventh of his career.
- Rookie Quentin Groves increased his season total to 2.5 sacks with a sack of Aaron Rodgers in the third quarter.
- TE Greg Estandia finished with a career-high four receptions for 36 yards.
- Rookie RB Chauncey Washington had his first carry of his career, a six-yard run.
- The Jaguars are 5-1 in 2008 when they score 20-plus points.
- Joe Zelenka extended his team record with 126 consecutive games played.
- Josh Scobee has scored at least one point in 55 consecutive games dating back to 1/2/05, the second-longest streak in team history. Mike Hollis holds the team record at 67 games.