JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Jaguars President Mark Lamping joined Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry at a press conference today inside City Hall to announce the 2019 recipients of the Jacksonville Resource and Reintegration Center community grants. The Jaguars Foundation and the City of Jacksonville’s Military Affairs and Veterans Department awarded $58,000 to military and veteran-serving organizations throughout the community. Click here to view photos from today’s press conference.
“The Jaguars are proud to champion each of these organizations and the important role they play in caring for our local military and veterans as they transition into civilian life,” said Lamping. “Jacksonville is a military town and it’s our responsibility to support those who have sacrificed so much for the freedoms we all enjoy.”
Grants were provided to the following eight organizations:
· Five Star Veterans Center – Provides residential services for veterans.
· Florida National Guard Foundation – Offers financial assistance for Guard members and their families.
· K9s for Warriors – Supports the expansion of warrior and service dog training program.
· Northeast Florida Women Veterans – Provides for facility roof repair.
· Operation New Uniform - Supports two Project Train Warrior scholarships.
· True Blue: Navy Families Benefactors, Inc. – Provides support for the Lake Wonderland Trail Project.
· United Way – Supports operating expenses for the Mission United Launch.
· Yoga 4 Change – Provides trauma-informed yoga for veterans.
“Here in Jacksonville, we are grateful to have so many citizens and organizations that are dedicated to supporting our military,” said Mayor Curry “One of the most generous is our own Jacksonville Jaguars. The community grants they are awarding to eight local organizations will go a long way toward supporting the brave men and women who have served our nation.”
Since 2013, the Jaguars have provided $1.5 million to help fund the Veterans Resource and Reintegration Center at City Hall. Including today’s announcement, the team has also given more than $300,000 in grants to nonprofit organizations during that same time.
The Jaguars will celebrate their annual Salute to Service game on Sunday, Dec. 1 at TIAA Bank Field. CSX will once again serve as the presenting sponsor for the Jaguars 2019 Salute to Service activities including events and prgramming for military members, spouses and families on local bases and at TIAA Bank Field throughout November. The Jaguars will also donate thousands of game tickets to active, retired and reservist military personnel and their families, thanks to the generosity of CSX and other partners.