Jaguars wide receiver Ernest Wilford's game-winning touchdown pass from Byron Leftwich has been nominated as one of five finalist for the Levitra Play of the Week by the NFL. Wilford also has been nominated as one of five finalists for the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week. Fan voting continues until Thursday at NFL.com.
These awards are presented each Thursday during the NFL regular season to recognize the single most exciting play that week and the single best performance by a rookie as determined by the fans. Voting is open to the fans each week from Tuesday at Noon ET until Thursday at Noon ET, exclusively on NFL.com. Each weekly winner will be a finalist for the "Levitra Play of the Year" and the "Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year" to be awarded at Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville.
Fans who vote at NFL.com each week can also enter for their chance to win a three-day/two-night trip for two to Jacksonville to attend Super Bowl XXXIX on February 6, 2005, including round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations. For more information log onto NFL.com.
Week One Nominees for Play of the Week
- Ernest Wilford, WR - Jaguars - 7-yard game-winning touchdown reception from Byron Leftwich
- Bracy Walker, S - Detroit Lions - 92-yard blocked field goal - return touchdown
- Clinton Portis, RB - Washington Redskins - 64-yard touchdown run
- Donovan McNabb, QB - Philadelphia Eagles - 3-yard touchdown pass to Terrell Owens
- Quentin Griffin, RB - Denver Broncos - 25-yard touchdown run
Week One Nominees for NFL Rookie of the Week
- Jaguars' Ernest Wilford caught seven-yard game-winning touchdown reception
- Tampa Bay's Michael Clayton caught a team-leading seven passes for 53 yards
- New York Jets' Erik Coleman recorded six tackles and one interception
- Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald caught four passes for 70 yards
- Seattle's Michael Boulware recorded four tackles, one interception and one pass defensed