JACKSONVILLE – Here are senior writer John Oehser's Week 7 2014 NFL power rankings. And we all know how important these are:
1.Denver Broncos (4-1) | 2 | Back at No. 1, but with the competition at the top, for how long?
2.San Diego Chargers (5-1) | 3 | Continuing to make a case for being No. 1
3.Philadelphia Eagles (5-1) | 4 | Have taken a significant step in Year Two of Chip Kelly era
4.Dallas Cowboys (5-1) | 6 | Remember when the Cowboys were a guaranteed .500 team? No more
5.Seattle Seahawks (3-2) | 1 | When the 'Hawks lose at home, that's big news
6.Cincinnati Bengals (3-1-1) | 5 | Looking mortal after a 3-0 start
7.Arizona Cardinals (4-1) | 7 | Quietly leading the brutally tough NFC West
8.San Francisco 49ers (4-2) | 8 | Willing their way into a spot in the Top 10
- Green Bay Packers (4-2) | 9 | Aaron Rodgers makes this very difficult game look very easy
10.Indianapolis Colts (4-2) | 10 | Now in firm control of AFC South
11.Detroit Lions (4-2) | 11 | Nothing fancy; just staying atop the NFC Central
12.New England Patriots (4-2) | 12 | Remember when people were writing them off?
13.Baltimore Ravens (4-2) | 13 | Never assume this franchise can't find a way to win
14.Chicago Bears (3-3) | 18 | When they're good, they're very, very good
15.Carolina Panthers (3-2-1) | 16 | Staying in it, but not as consistent as they hoped
- Buffalo Bills (3-3) | 15 | Just feels like they're getting closer
17.New York Giants (3-3) | 14 | Still finding their way, but looked lost on Sunday
18.Houston Texans (3-3) | 17 | Nearly pulled off a comeback for the ages Thursday – nearly
- Cleveland Browns (3-2) | 24 | Uh-oh … Browns playing well and headed to the 'Bank on Sunday
20.Atlanta Falcons (2-4) | 19 | If the bounce back from last season is to happen, it must start soon
21.Pittsburgh Steelers (3-3) | 20 | Starting to feel like Steelers still a ways away
22.Kansas City Chiefs (2-3) | 21 | A solid bye week in KC. Good showing.
- Miami Dolphins (2-3) | 22 | Oh-so close to a perspective-changing victory Sunday
24.New Orleans Saints (2-3) | 23 | Nearly as good a bye-week showing as KC -- nearly
- Minnesota Vikings (2-4) | 25 | They still need their Teddy Time – and soon
26.Tennessee Titans (2-4) | 27 | Just good enough on Sunday
- Washington Redskins (1-5) | 26 | Week 2 seems like a long time ago
28.New York Jets (1-5) | 28 | Looking rougher and rougher for Rex by the week
29.St. Louis Rams (1-4) | 29 | Coming close, but not close enough
30.Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-5) | 30 | They're a late rally versus Pittsburgh from being lower
31.Oakland Raiders (0-5) | 31 | Signs of life Sunday, but no victories yet
- Jacksonville Jaguars (0-6) | 32 | Too many mistakes at critical times. Still.