JACKSONVILLE – The Jaguars stayed offensive late Friday.
Tank Bigsby, a running back from Auburn University, on Friday night was selected by the Jaguars No. 88 overall in the 2023 NFL Draft – the 25th selection in Round 3.
Bigsby (6-feet-0, 210 pounds), who played three seasons at Auburn, rushed for 2,903 yards and 25 touchdowns collegiately. He rushed for 970 yards and 10 touchdowns this past season and 1,099 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2021.
He also caught 62 passes for 448 yards in three seasons.
Bigbsy became the fifth Auburn player selected by the Jaguars in the NFL Draft, the first since they selected safety Daniel Thomas in the fifth round in 2020.
The Jaguars earlier Friday selected Penn State University tight end Brenton Strange with the No. 61 overall selection Round 2) after trading out of the No. 56 selection with the Chicago Bears. The Jaguars on Thursday selected University of Oklahoma offensive tackle Anton Harrison in Round 1 – No 27 overall.
The Jaguars hold 11 more selections in the '23 draft:
- No. 121 overall (Round 4)
- No. 127 overall (Round 4)
- No. 130 overall (Round 4)
- No. 136 overall (Round 5)
- No. 160 overall (Round 5)
- No. 185 overall (Round 6)
- No. 202 overall (Round 6)
- No. 208 overall (Round 6)
- No. 226 overall (Round 7)
- No. 240 overall (Round 7)