JACKSONVILLE – Eight Jaguars experts – Bucky Brooks, Frank Frangie, Jeff Lageman, Brent Martineau, John Oehser, Brian Sexton, J.P. Shadrick and Kai Stevens – are breaking down the Jaguars as the 2023 NFL season approaches; today: What the Jaguars will do in 2023
Bucky Brooks, NFL Media and Jaguars Analyst/Sideline Reporter
- The Jaguars in 2023 will: Win the AFC South and vie for a top-three seed in the AFC.
Frank Frangie, Radio Voice of the Jaguars
- The Jaguars in 2023 will: Win the division with double-digit wins. They will make a deep playoff run. I'd be a bit surprised by anything less.
Jeff Lageman, Jaguars Analyst and Former Jaguars Defensive End
- The Jaguars in 2023 will: Be at the top of the AFC South once again with the best coach/quarterback combination. The road will not be easy considering the rest of the NFL knows about this Jaguars football team. The expectations have been established from within and this team has been putting in the necessary work. Can't wait to see it all unfold and hoping it produces more magical moments like it did in 2022.
Brent Martineau, Action Sports Jax Sports Director
- The Jaguars in 2023 will: Win 11 games, win the AFC South, host a playoff game and win a playoff game before falling in the divisional round on the road to the Cincinnati Bengals in the snow.
John Oehser, jaguars.com Senior Writer
- The Jaguars in 2023 will: Repeat as AFC South champions in a tighter division race than some are projecting. The Jaguars figure to be one of the NFL's top offenses, and they likely will have to show they can win shootout-type games against other elite offensive teams such as the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs, Bengals and Bufalo Bills. The Jaguars should be an improved team, with 11ish victories and a playoff victory. That should get them at least to a second consecutive divisional playoff appearance. They may not be ready yet to advance beyond that.
Brian Sexton, jaguars.com Senior Correspondent
- The Jaguars in 2023 will: Win 11 or 12 games, repeat as AFC South Champions and play the Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game in January of 2024. I don't think I've ever nailed a preseason prediction but there is something special that starts with Head Coach Doug Pederson and quarterback Trevor Lawrence, which makes me confidence this could happen. A more talented roster with more time on task in Pederson's system will only enhance those chances as long as the Jaguars stay healthy.
J.P. Shadrick, jaguars.com Reporter/Editor
- The Jaguars in 2023 will: Score like we haven't seen around here ever. It's the path to the AFC to keep up with the Chiefs, Bills and Bengals. That's the stated goal of Pederson after last season. Those teams are the ones this Jags team will see in the playoffs for the foreseeable future if they continue to make appearances in the postseason. To beat them, you better score early and often. Keep the franchise record book handy; we could be referencing it throughout this season.
Kai Stevens, Team Reporter/Producer
- The Jaguars in 2023 will: Win the AFC South and return to the playoffs. I think 12-5 is reasonable to expect with this schedule. I'm excited to see what they can make happen in the postseason.
Tune in for all Training Camp Coverage ➡️ Camp Content Hub